Fugazi - Suggestion
'He touches her because he wants to feel it. We blame her for being there. But we're all here and we're all guilty'.
I have fuck loads of respect for Fugazi. You know how they say that it’s often the same sex parent who has the biggest impact on a child? I think the same kinda goes for music. Fugazi, as a bunch of white male punks, spreading a message of anti-sexual assault must surely have had a good effect on at least a few young lads.
if u think teenage girls are crazed and hormonal and irrational you should see what happens when you tell a grown man “no”
straight up! my favourite game is “tell a bloke to ‘go away’ in varying levels of politeness and watch him try and chest bump you like he’s gonna fight you”, inspired by real events
I need to put this in writing somewhere so I can get myself started:
- Gotta find short term work to get me through to mid year next year.
- Go to Canada and work in a mountain bike park so I can hike the shit out of them mountains.
- Make “Life Plan 2” on Tumblr and complete.
Also whilst completing this I need to stay strong in my stance of respectfully ignoring my parents wishes. I love them and they’re amazing, but they wont be satisfied unless I live the same life as them. Sorry ma and pa, gotta go my own way from here.
- I made fire by friction for the first time this afternoon! I was soooooo happy I danced around the house for a while after. I’m still buzzin with this primal energy of having made fire from sticks.
- I spent a night in the Glass House Mountains the other day with two friends. It was really nice and relaxed, except for getting woken up by cops looking for some folks they thought were stuck up Mt Tibrogargan. That said they were super nice and didn’t fine us for illegal camping :)
- Last weekend I went to my cousins wedding which was really nice in some parts yet draining as hell in others (shite music and too much talk of love and careers *chunder*).
- Also caught up with a few old friends, one of whom is heading overseas soon. It’s great seeing everyone get on with their different lives, yet when we get back together nothing’s changed.
- I played with Cirrus soooooo much when I was home. He was super happy to have people around and purred like a furry tractor.
"Carmen used to think she had two fathers: the one whose singing she heard through the speakers and the one on whose knee she was sitting. They (Carmen and Karac) love it when I come back to tell them tales." - Robert Plant, 1976.
Livin the dream